Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
SQL Saturday #167 Pre-Con with William E. Pearson III - Practical Self-Service BI with PowerPivot for Excel!
Friday, September 7, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
SQL Server MVP and Business Intelligence Architect Bill Pearson leads this full-day, hands-on introduction to using PowerPivot for Excel to deliver self-service business intelligence. The focus of the course is to help those new to PowerPivot to become familiar with the assembly of data from diverse sources into models that deliver business intelligence upon demand. Participants will gain exposure to accessing and relating data, and to employing the Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) language, to construct and share PowerPivot applications that support analysis and reporting throughout the enterprise.
Information workers (business- or IT-based) involved in analysis and reporting of data, intermediate to advanced Excel users, practitioners that want to gain familiarity with PowerPivot to build compelling analysis and reporting applications to deliver self-service BI
Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
· Assemble and relate data from diverse sources into a PowerPivot model to support self-service business intelligence
· Employ DAX functions to create basic calculations within the PowerPivot data model
· Construct PowerPivot applications that support enterprise analysis and reporting
· Understand deployment options for PowerPivot via SharePoint
Attendees with the following will benefit the most from this course:
· Basic familiarity with the Microsoft Windows operating system
· Exposure to Excel PivotTables and PivotCharts
· Exposure to standard Excel functions
· Exposure to basic relational database concepts
Course Hardware and Software Requirements
Course material will be provided on thumb drives. A laptop is not necessary but will help you take advantage of the course better. If you wish to bring a laptop, requirements are as below.
- Windows 7, Windows XP (SP3), or Windows Vista (SP1)
- 1GB RAM minimum (with 2GB RAM recommended)
- Microsoft Excel 2010 (32-bit or 64-bit) installed
- PowerPivot for Excel (32-bit or 64-bit, as appropriate to attendee machine) installed
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 installed, or available connection
- Connectivity available to AdventureWorksDW2008R2 database
- Connectivity available to Adventure Works Analysis Services database